The curriculum is composed of a set of highly focus core courses and a wide range of electives. The core courses focus on the areas of computer systems, problem solving and analysis, programming and logic, software design and practices, communication skills and professional knowledge. The electives cover a wide spectrum including security, e-commerce, mobile computing, Internet computing, computer graphics, multimedia technologies, data mining and compilers. They provide broad exposure and choices to students.
The main subject areas are :
- Computer Systems -- provides fundamental coverage of hardware principles and computer organization, operating systems, data communications and networks.
- Algorithm Design and Analysis and Mathematics -- develops students' problem solving and analytical skills through study of discrete mathematics, object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithm design techniques and mathematical analysis tools.
- Software Engineering -- covers the entire software development life cycle, with emphasis on software design and synthesis, database design and management, and understanding of social, ethical and professional issues.
- Seminar Series -- keeps the students abreast of the latest development in technology and market trends and to introduce students to a research culture in the early years of study. Outside scholars, IT professionals, and hardware / software vendors will be invited as guest speakers or honorary lecturers.
- English Communication Skills to enhance language proficiency and presentation skills of the students.
Study streams are provided to allow in-depth study in a selected area. This enhances their competitiveness in the job market and helps in further studies and research.