Admissions (for HKDSE students)
Admissions for HKDSE Students
JUPAS Code: JS1204
Why choose BSc Computer Science?
- A well-balanced curriculum which comprises a set of highly focused core courses and a wide range of electives, with 5 study streams on Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Information Security, Multimedia Computing, and Software Engineering and Engineering Management to allow in-depth study in different areas of expertise.
- All students acquire working experience before graduation through the 9-month IT Professional Internship, an integral component of the curriculum with emphasis on developing applicable skills and addressing the industry needs.
- 99% full-time employment according to the Graduate Employment Survey 2022 conducted by the University.
This major has a four-year structure. Following a first year in which students acquire general education as well as fundamental computer science knowledge, students will focus on the core courses in computer science during an intensive second year of studies which include a summer term. With satisfactory attainment, students will join the Information Technology Professional Placement to work in companies joining our placement programme for a year in related fields to gain real work experience. During the placement year, students will take one day off weekly from their work to complete a number of elective courses. In their final year of study, among other electives, students take up a year-long project in which they work independently under the supervision of a faculty member.
For admission to JS1204 BSc Computer Science, JUPAS HKDSE applicants must meet the following entrance requirements.
|Subject||Minimum Level Required|
|English Language||Level 3|
|Chinese Language||Level 3|
|Citizenship and Social Development||Attained|
|Elective 1*||Level 3 in one elective subject from:
Biology / Chemistry / Information and Communication Technology / M1 / M2 / Physics
|Elective 2*||Level 3 in any elective subjects|
- Unspecified elective subjects may include "other languages" at grade E or above.
- If students take both M1 and M2, they are counted as one subject only.
- Applied Learning subjects are not counted as elective subjects.
Applicants with the same score may be invited to interview in July after HKDSE results announcement. Shortlisted applicants will be notified by email. You may watch the video below to learn more about how to prepare for admissions interviews.
Tuition Fee Information
Local Students: HK$42,100 per annum
The tuition fee is subject to annual review. If there are changes to the tuition fee set by the HKSAR Government, the tuition fee may be adjusted.