Xiaohua Jia (CV)
- DSc (91) in Information Science,
The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Bsc (84) and Msc (86) in Computer Science, The University of Science and Technology of China
Research Interests and Specialities (Call for PhD Students)
- Data Privacy and Security, and Blockchain Technologies
- Cloud Computing and Web Technologies
- Distributed Systems, Networking, and Mobile Computing
Research Students Supervision
- General Chair, ACM ICN 2019
- Co-Organizer, Summer School on Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technologies, City University of Hong Kong, 1-2 Aug 2019
- Steering Committee Co-Chair, IEEE Conference of Mobile and Sensor Networks (MSN)
- TPC Track-Chair, IEEE ICDCS 2019, 2015
- TPC Area-Chair, IEEE INFOCOM 2017, 2016, 2015, 2010
- Director of Croucher Foundation ASI on
Security and Privacy of Cloud and Social Networks, Dec 2014
- TPC Co-Chair,
Wireless Ad Hoc and Sensor Netwroks Symposium, ICNC 2012, Hawaii, Jan-Feb 2012
- Panel Co-Chair, IEEE INFOCOM 2011
- TPC Co-Chair, IEEE GLOBECOM 2010 - Ad-hoc and Sensor Networking Symposium, Hawaii, 2010
- TPC Co-Chair, IEEE MASS 2009 , Macau, 5 - 8 Oct 2009
- General Chair,
ACM MobiHoc'08, Hong Kong, 26 - 30 May 2008
Recent Research Projects (Call for RAs and Postdocs)
- A Secure and Verifiable P2P Storage Framework with Dynamic Encrypted Search using Blockchain, HK RGC GRF, Jan 2020 - Dec 2022.
- Privacy-preserving Task Recommendation for Cloud-based Crowdsourcing, HK RGC GRF, Jan 2018 - Dec 2020.
- Security and Privacy-enhancing Technologies for Cloud Storage of Big Data, HK RGC CRF (Collaborative Research Grant), Jul 2017 - Jun 2020.
- A Wireless and Distributed Control Plane Network for Data Centers, HK RGC GRF, Jan 2017 - Dec 2019.
- Generalized Pattern Matching String Search on Encrypted Data, HK RGC GRF, Jan 2016 - Dec 2018.
- Privacy-Preserving Algorithms for Outsourced Data Mining in Cloud Computing, HK RGC GRF, Jan 2015 - Dec 2017.
- Minimal Cost and Time-sensitive Information Diffusion in Online Social Networks, HK RGC GRF, Jan 2014 - Dec 2016.
- Data Integrity Auditing and Access Control for Cloud Storage Systems, HK RGC GRF, Jan 2013 - Dec 2015.
Selected Publications (see
- Yan Liang, Wenzheng Xu, Weifa Liang, Jian Peng, Xiaohua Jia, Yingjie Zhou, Lei Duan:
Nonredundant Information Collection in Rescue Applications via an Energy-Constrained UAV. IEEE Internet of Things Journal 6(2): 2945-2958 (2019)
- Jiangang Shu, Ximeng Liu, Kan Yang, Yinghui Zhang, Xiaohua Jia, Robert H. Deng:
SybSub: Privacy-Preserving Expressive Task Subscription With Sybil Detection in Crowdsourcing. IEEE Internet of Things Journal 6(2): 3003-3013 (2019)
- Yuchuan Luo, Xiaohua Jia, Shaojing Fu, Ming Xu:
pRide: Privacy-Preserving Ride Matching Over Road Networks for Online Ride-Hailing Service. IEEE Trans. Information Forensics and Security 14(7): 1791-1802 (2019)
- Liang Song, Chunyan Liu, Hejiao Huang, Hongwei Du, Xiaohua Jia:
Minimum Connected Dominating Set Under Routing Cost Constraint in Wireless Sensor Networks With Different Transmission Ranges. IEEE/ACM Trans. Netw. 27(2): 546-559 (2019)
- Yu Guo, Xingliang Yuan, Xinyu Wang, Cong Wang, Baochun Li, Xiaohua Jia:
Enabling Encrypted Rich Queries in Distributed Key-Value Stores. IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst. 30(6): 1283-1297 (2019)
- Ruitao Xie, Xiaohua Jia, Lu Wang, Kaishun Wu:
Energy Efficiency Enhancement for CNN-based Deep Mobile Sensing. IEEE Wireless Commun. 26(3): 161-167 (2019)
- Jiangang Shu, Ximeng Liu, Xiaohua Jia, Kan Yang, Robert H. Deng:
Anonymous Privacy-Preserving Task Matching in Crowdsourcing. IEEE Internet of Things Journal 5(4): 3068-3078 (2018)
- Tracy Yingying Cheng, Xiaohua Jia:
Compressive Traffic Monitoring in Hybrid SDN. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications 36(12): 2731-2743 (2018)
- Ruitao Xie, Xiaohua Jia:
Data Transfer Scheduling for Maximizing Throughput of Big-Data Computing in Cloud Systems. IEEE Trans. Cloud Computing 6(1): 87-98 (2018)
- Wenzheng Xu, Weifa Liang, Xiaohua Jia, Zichuan Xu, Zheng Li, Yiguang Liu:
Maximizing Sensor Lifetime with the Minimal Service Cost of a Mobile Charger in Wireless Sensor Networks. IEEE Trans. Mob. Comput. 17(11): 2564-2577 (2018)
- Jiayue Li, Tracy Yingying Cheng, Xiaohua Jia, Lionel M. Ni:
Throughput Optimization in WLAN/Cellular Integrated Network Using Partially Overlapped Channels. IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications 17(1): 157-169 (2018)
- Qian Wang, Qihang Sun, Kui Ren, Xiaohua Jia:
THEMIS: Collusion-Resistant and Fair Pricing Spectrum Auction Under Dynamic Supply. IEEE Trans. Mob. Comput. 16(7): 2051-2064 (2017)
- Xiaohua Jia, Tao Lv, Feng He, Hejiao Huang:
Collaborative Data Downloading by Using Inter-Satellite Links in LEO Satellite Networks. IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications 16(3): 1523-1532 (2017)
- Kan Yang, Zhen Liu, Xiaohua Jia, Xuemin Sherman Shen:
Time-Domain Attribute-Based Access Control for Cloud-Based Video Content Sharing: A Cryptographic Approach. IEEE Trans. Multimedia 18(5): 940-950 (2016)
- Weifa Liang, Wenzheng Xu, Xiaojiang Ren, Xiaohua Jia, Xiaola Lin:
Maintaining Large-Scale Rechargeable Sensor Networks Perpetually via Multiple Mobile Charging Vehicles. TOSN 12(2): 14:1-14:26 (2016)
- Nuo Yu, Yuting Miao, Lan Mu, Hongwei Du, Hejiao Huang, Xiaohua Jia:
Minimizing Energy Cost by Dynamic Switching ON/OFF Base Stations in Cellular Networks. IEEE Trans. Wireless Communications 15(11): 7457-7469 (2016)
- Baolei Cheng, Jianxi Fan, Xiaohua Jia:
Dimensional-Permutation-Based Independent Spanning Trees in Bijective Connection Networks. IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst. 26(1): 45-53 (2015)
- Kan Yang, Xiaohua Jia, Kui Ren: Secure and Verifiable Policy Update Outsourcing for Big Data Access Control in the Cloud. IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst. 26(12): 3461-3470 (2015)
- Ruitao Xie, Yonggang Wen, Xiaohua Jia, Haiyong Xie: Supporting Seamless Virtual Machine Migration via Named Data Networking in Cloud Data Center. IEEE Trans. Parallel Distrib. Syst. 26(12): 3485-3497 (2015)
- Kan Yang, Xiaohua Jia, et al., "Expressive, Efficient and Revocable Data Access Control for Multi-Authority Cloud Storage", IEEE Trans. on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 25(7), 2014.
- Ruitao Xie, Xiaohua Jia, "Transmission Efficient Clustering Method for Wireless Sensor Networks using Compressive Sensing", IEEE Trans. on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 25(3), 2014.
- Kan Yang, Xiaohua Jia, Kui Ren, Bo Zhang, "DAC-MACS: Effective Data Access Control for Multi-Authority Cloud Storage Systems", IEEE INFOCOM 2013.
- Kan Yang, Xiaohua Jia, "An Efficient and Secure Dynamic Auditing Protocol for Data Storage in Cloud Computing," IEEE Trans. on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Sept. 2013.
- Bo Zhang, Xiaohua Jia, "Multi-hop Collaborative Relay Networks with Consideration of Contention Overhead of Relay Nodes in IEEE 802.11 DCF", IEEE Trans. on Communications, 61(2), 2013, pp. 532-540.
- Jun Zhang, Xiaohua Jia, Yuan Zhou,
"Analysis of Capacity Improvement by Directional Antennas in Wireless Sensor Networks",
ACM Trans. on Sensor Networks, Nov 2012.
Kan Yang, Xiaohua Jia, "Attributed-based Access Control for
Multi-Authority Systems in Cloud Storage", IEEE ICDCS 2012, Macau, Jun 2012.
Shouling Ji, Zhipeng Cai, Yingshu Li, and Xiaohua Jia, "Continuous Data Collection Capacity of Dual-Radio Multi-Channel Wireless Sensor Networks", IEEE Trans on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 23, No. 10, Oct 2012, pp. 1844-1855.
Rui Tan, Guoliang Xing, Benyuan Liu, Jianping Wang and Xiaohua Jia, "Exploiting Data Fusion to Improve the Coverage of Wireless Sensor Networks", IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking, Vol. 20, No. 2, Apr 2012, pp 450-462.
Liu Hai, Xiaowen Chu, Yiu-Wing Leung, Xiaohua Jia, Peng-Jun Wan, "General Maximal Lifetime Sensor-Target Surveillance Problem and Its Solution", IEEE Trans on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 22, No. 10, Oct 2011, pp.1757-1765.
Jun Zhang, Xiaohua Jia, Zhongming Zheng, and Yuan Zhou, "Minimizing Cost of Placement of Multi-radio and Multi-power-level Access Points with Rate Adaptation in Indoor Environment", IEEE Trans on Wireless Communications, Vol. 10, No. 7, Jul 2011, pp. 2186-2195.
Maggie X. Cheng, Xuan Gong, Lin Cai, Xiaohua Jia, "Cross-Layer Throughput Optimization with Power Control in Sensor Networks", IEEE Trans on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 60, No. 7, Sept 2011, pp.3300-3308.
- PengJun Wan, Ophir Frieder, Xiaohua Jia, Frances Yao,
Xiaohua Xu, Shaojie Tang,
"Wireless Link Scheduling under Physical Interference Model",
IEEE INFOCOM 2011.
- Haiyan Cai, Xiaohua Jia, Mo Sha,
"Critical Sensor Density for Partial Connectivity in Large Area Wireless Sensor Networks" ,
ACM Trans. on Sensor Networks, vol 7, iss 4, Feb. 2011.
- Jun Zhang, Xiaohua Jia, Guoliang Xing,
"Real-Time Data Aggregation in Contention-based Wireless Sensor Networks",
ACM Trans. on Sensor Networks, vol 7, iss 1, Aug 2010, pp. 25 pages.
G. Xing, J. Wang, Z. Yuan, R. Tan, L. Sun, Q. Huang, X. Jia and H. C. So, "Mobile Scheduling for Spatiotemporal Detection in Wireless Sensor Networks", IEEE Trans. on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 21, No. 12, Dec 2010, pp.1851-1866.
Scott C.-H. Huang, Min-Te Sun, Qilian Liang, Peng-Jun Wan, Xiaohua Jia, "Interference-Aware, Fully-Distributed Virtual Backbone Construction and its Application in Multi-Hop Wireless Networks", IEEE Trans on Communications, 58(12), Dec 2010, pp.3550-3560.
N. Xiong, Xiaohua Jia, L. T. Yang, A.V. Vasilakos, Y. Li and Y. Pan, "A Distributed Efficient Flow Control Scheme for Multirate Multicast Networks", IEEE Trans on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 21, No. 9, Sep 2010, pp.1254-1266.
Guoliang Xing, Minming Li, Hongbo Lou, Xiaohua Jia, "Dynamic Multi-resolution Data Dissemination in Wireless Sensor Networks", IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, Sep. 2009, pp.1205 - 1220.
- Guoliang Xing, Rui Tan, Benyuan Liu, Jianping Wang, Xiaohua Jia, Chih-Wei Yi,
"Data fusion improves the coverage of wireless sensor networks",
ACM MOBICOM 2009, pp.157-168.
- Guoliang Xing, Minming Li, Hongbo Lou, Xiaohua Jia,
"Dynamic Multi-resolution Data Dissemination in Wireless Sensor Networks",
IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, Sep. 2009, pp.1205 - 1220.
- Peng-Jun Wan, Xiaohua Xu, Xiaohua Jia, and E.K. Park,
"Minimum-Latency Beaconing Schedule in Multihop Wireless Networks",
IEEE INFOCOM'09, Rio, Apr 2009.
- Jun Zhang and Xiaohua Jia,
"Capacity analysis of wireless mesh networks with omni or directional antennas",
IEEE INFOCOM'09 (mini-conference), Rio, Apr 2009.
- Scott C.-H. Huang, Peng-Jun Wan, Xiaohua Jia, Hongwei Du,
"Minimum-Latency Broadcast Scheduling in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks",
IEEE INFOCOM'07, Anchorage, USA, May 2007.
- Hai Liu, Xiaohua Jia, Pengjun Wan, Xinxin Liu, and Frances Yao,
"A Distributed and Efficient Flooding Scheme Using 1-hop Information in
Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,"
IEEE Trans on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 18, No. 5, May 2007.
- J. Fan, X. Jia, and X. Lin,
"Optimal Embeddings of Paths with Various Lengths in Twisted Cubes",
IEEE Trans on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 18, No. 4, Apr 2007.
- Hai Liu, Xiaohua Jia, Pengjun Wan, Chihwei Yi, Sam Makki,
and Niki Pissinou,
"Maximizing Lifetime of Sensor Surveillance Systems",
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 15, No. 2, Apr 2007.
- H. Liu, P. Wan, X. Jia,
"Maximal Lifetime Scheduling for Sensor
Surveillance Systems with K Sensors to 1 Target" ,
IEEE Trans on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 17, No. 12, Dec 2006, pp.1526-1536.
- H. Liu, P. Wan, X. Jia, X. Liu, and F. Yao,
"Efficient Flooding Scheme Based on 1-hop Information in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks" ,
IEEE INFOCOM'06, Barcerola, Apr 2006.
- J. Fan, X. Lin, and X. Jia,
"Optimal Path Embedding in Crossed Cubes"
IEEE Trans on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 16, No. 12, Dec 2005, pp.1190-1200.
- Xiaohua Jia, Deying Li, H. Du, and J. Cao,
"On optimal replication of data object at
hierarchical and transparent web proxies" ,
IEEE Trans on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 16, No. 8, Aug 2005, pp.673-685.
- Xiaohua Jia, Dongsoo Kim, Sam Makki, Pengjun Wan, and Chihwei Yi,
"Power assignment for k-connectivity in wireless ad hoc networks" ,
IEEE INFOCOM'05, Miami, Mar 2005.
- Xiaohua Jia, Deying Li, and D. Du,
"QoS topology control in ad hoc wireless networks" ,
IEEE INFOCOM'04, Hong Kong, Mar 2004.
- Deying Li, Xiaohua Jia, and H. Liu,
"Energy efficient broadcast routing
in ad hoc wireless networks" ,
IEEE Trans on Mobile Computing, Vol.3, No.2, Apr-Jun 2004.
- C.Sun, Xiaohua Jia, Y.Zhang, Y.Yang and D.Chen,
"Achieiving convergence, causality-preservation,
and intention-preservation in real-time cooperative editing systems," ,
ACM Trans on Computer-Human Interactions, Vol.5, No.1, Mar 1998, pp63-108.