Game theory and social choice are very popular research topics in the study of multi-agent systems. Being rich by themselves, they are also interacting with other research domains, generating many interesting results.
The objective of the summer school is to provide fundamental knowledge in game theory and social choice to researchers or research students who may find the topics useful in their own research or senior undergraduate students who are looking for potential research directions.
At the same time, the students will also have the opportunity to learn about the state of the art in these fields via keynote talks.
The summer school is organized by Department of Computer Science, City University of Hong Kong via zoom during June 20 - June 24 , 2022. The intended participants of the summer school are students within computer science, or students with mathematics or economics background interested in game theory and social choice.
Keynote Speaker List:
Invited Speaker List:
- Bo An, Nanyang Technological University
- Yang Cai, Yale University
- Yu Cheng, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Hu Fu, Shanghai University of Finance and Economics
- Dimitris Fotakis, National Technical University of Athens
- Rupert Freeman, University of Virginia
- Jugal Garg, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Zhiyi Huang, University of Hong Kong
- Ayumi Igarashi, National Institute of Informatics, Japan
- Ron Lavi, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, University of Bath
- Yang Liu, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Reshef Meir, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
- Dominik Peters, Université Paris-Dauphine
- Alexandros Psomas, Purdue University
- Qi Qi, Renmin University of China
- Nisarg Shah, University of Toronto
- Biaoshuai Tao, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Xiaowei Wu, University of Macau
- Yair Zick, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Jialin Zhang, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Period/Day (HK GMT+8) Monday
09:00-10:00 Jugal Garg Alexandros Psomas Rupert Freeman Yair Zick Shang-Hua Teng 10:00-11:00 Nisarg Shah Yu Cheng 11:00-12:00 Qi Qi Yang Liu Bo An Zhiyi Huang 12:00-14:00 Break 14:00-15:00 Xiaowei Wu Jialin Zhang Ayumi Igarashi Hu Fu Biaoshuai Tao 15:00-16:00 Ron Lavi Yang Cai Reshef Meir 16:00-17:00 Herve Moulin Kurt Mehlhorn Dimitris Fotakis Dominik Peters 17:00-18:00
There will be no registration fee.
Please fill in the google form by 16 June, 2022. If quota allows, we will send you the participation information before 18 June, 2022.
An e-certificate of attendance will be issued on request based on the actual attendance record.
Previous Summer School
CCF TC-Theoretical Computer Science
The summer school is fully sponsored by Department of Computer Science, City University of Hong Kong