Our research group has been working on supervised and unsupervised learning for more than ten years. Our groups work includes support vector machines, extreme learning machines, active learning, ensemble learning and their applications on bio-medical and image processing.
- Ran Wang, Degang Chen, and Sam Kwong*. Fuzzy Rough Set based Active Learning. IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, 22(6): 1699–1704 (2014). [Project Page]
- Ran Wang, and Sam Kwong*. Active Learning with Multi-criteria Decision Making Systems, Pattern Recognition, 47(9): 3106–3119 (2014).
- Ran Wang, Sam Kwong*, and Degang Chen, Inconsistency-based Active Learning for Support Vector Machines, Pattern Recognition, 45(10): 3751–3767 (2012).
Support Vector Machine
- Yuheng Jia, Sam Kwong*, Wenhui Wu, Ran Wang, Wei Gao, Sparse Bayesian Learning-Based Kernel Poisson Regression. IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics (2017). [Project Page]
- Ran Wang, Sam Kwong*, Degang Chen, and Jingjing Cao, A Vector-valued Support Vector Machine Model for Multiclass Problem. Information Sciences, 235: 174–194 (2013). [Project Page]
- Ran Wang, Sam Kwong*, Xi-Zhao Wang, and Qingshan Jiang, Segment based Decision Tree Induction with Continuous Valued Attributes, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics (article in press, DOI: 10.1109/TCYB.2014 .2348012). [Project Page]
- Yuheng Jia, Sam Kwong, Ran Wang,“ Applying Exponential Family Distribution to Generalized Extreme Learning Machine ”, IEEE Transactions on System, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems(2017). [Project Page]
- Jingjing Cao, Sam Kwong, Ran Wang, Xiaodong Li, Ke Li, Xiangfei Kong, “Class-specific Soft Voting based Multiple Extreme Learning Machines Ensemble”, Neurocomputing, 149: 275-284 (2015). [Project Page]
- Jingjing Cao, Sam Kwong, Ran Wang, “A Noise-Detection based Adaboost Algorithm for Mislabeled Data,” Pattern Recognition, 45 (12): 4451-4465 (2012).
- Wenhui Wu, Sam Kwong, Yu Zhou, Yuheng Jia, Wei Gao,“Nonnegtive Matrix Factorization with Mixed Hypergraph Regularization for Community Detection”, Information Sciences, 435:263-281(2018). [Project Page]
- Yuheng Jia, Sam Kwong, Junhui Hou,“Semi-Supervised Spectral Clustering With Structured Sparsity Regularization”, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 25(3):403-407(2018). [Project Page]