For Cohort 2011 and before
A student can apply for the Minor in Computing award provided that the student satisfies the following :
- having acquired 15 credits of CS courses with an average GPA of 2 or higher; and
- of the courses taken that constitute the 15 credits in 1 above, the following constraints should be observed :
Note on Mutually Exclusive: A course, such as CS2161 is exclusive with CS2204, meaning that when students choose CS2161, they cannot use CS2204 to fulfill the Minor in Computing requirements.
In addition, the following requirements are applied:
Students of the following major programme cannot take the Minor in Computing:
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Computer Studies
- BEng (Hons) Computer Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Creative Media
- BEng (Hons) e-Logistics and Technology Management
- BEng (Hons) Information Engineering#
- BEng (Hons) Information Engineering (Business Intelligence Minor)#
- BEng (Hons) Information Engineering (Law Minor)#
# Affected: Cohort 2008 and thereafter
Students admitted in 2011
Students admitted in 2011 are required to take General Education courses from 3 distributional areas: "Arts and Humanities", "Study of Societies, Social and Business Organizations" and "Science and Technology" to fulfill the out-of-discipline requirement.
Senior year entrants admitted in 2011 will follow the out-of-discipline arrangement for 2010 cohort.
Upon successful completion of a minor, students are considered to have fulfilled the ODD requirements.
Students admitted in 2008, 2009 and 2010
Students must take at least 3 credit units from the General Education (GE) courses in fulfillment of the Out-of-Discipline (OOD) requirement and this is applicable to senior year entrants admitted in 2009 and 2010. However, students taking a Minor to fulfill the OOD requirement would not be required to take an addition of 3 credit units from the GE courses.