The Video Technology Research Centre is directed by Prof. Sam Kwong at Department of Computer Science in City University of Hong Kong, and is investigating various inter-disciplinary research topics related to multimedia applications. Currently, our major research topics are as follows:
- Video coding: Rate control optimization, rate distortion and bit allocation optimization, low-complexity video coding
- Pattern recognition and machine learning: active learning, semi-supervised learning, sparse coding and related applications
- Computational intelligence: multiobjective evolutionary algorithm
- [20/01/2017] Congratulations! Our recent paper “NSSRF: global network similarity search with subgraph signatures and its applications” has been accepted to Bioinformatics.
- [07/01/2017] Congratulations! Our recent paper “Adaptive Two-level Matching-Based Selection for Decomposition Multi-objective Optimization” has been accepted to IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation.