Our research group has been working in the field of evolutionary computation (EC) since 1996. Our earlier contributions on genetic algorithms are highly cited (Google Scholar, 2110 times, 23 Oct. 2014). We have extensive experiences on evolutionary algorithm design, both for single and multiobjective optimization problems.
Evolutionary Multiobjective Optimization
- Mengyuan Wu, Ke Li, Sam Kwong, Yu Zhou, Qingfu Zhang, Matching-Based Selection With Incomplete Lists for Decomposition Multiobjective Optimization, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 21(4): 554-568, 2017. [Project Page]
- Ke Li, Qingfu Zhang, Sam Kwong, Miqing Li, Ran Wang, Stable Matching Based Selection in Evolutionary Multiobjective Optimization, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 18(6): 909-923, 2014. (Top 25 popular article in IEEE Transactions of Evolutionary Computation)
- Ke Li, Alvaro Fialho, Sam Kwong, Qingfu Zhang, Adaptive Operator Selection with Bandits for Multiobjective Evolutionary Algorithm Based on Decomposition, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, 18(1): 114-130, 2014. (Top 25 popular article in IEEE Transctions of Evolutionary Computation) [Supplementary Document]
- Ke Li, Sam Kwong, Ran Wang, Kit-Sang Tang, Kim-Fung Man, Learning Paradigm Based on Jumping Genes: A General Framework for Enhancing Exploration in Evolutionary Multiobjective Optimization, Information Sciences, 226: 1-22, 2013.
- Ke Li, Sam Kwong, Jingjing Cao, Miqing Li, Jinhua Zheng, Ruimin Shen, Achieving Balance Between Proximity and Diversity in Multi-objective Evolutionary Algorithm, Information Sciences, 182(1): 220-242, 2012.
Particle Swarm Optimization [Project Page]
- Hao Gao, Sam Kwong, Baojie Fan, Ran Wang, A Hybrid Particle-Swarm Tabu Search Algorithm for Solving Job Shop Scheduling Problems. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 10(4): 2044-2054 (2014)
- Hao Gao, Sam Kwong, Jijiang Yang, Jingjing Cao, Particle Swarm Optimization based on Intermediate Disturbance Strategy Algorithm and Its Application in Multi-threshold Image Segmentation, Information Sciences, 250: 82-112 (2013)
Evolutionary Computation Applications
- Yu Zhou, Sam Kwong, Hainan Guo, Xiao Zhang, Qingfu Zhang, A Two-Phase Evolutionary Approach for Compressive Sensing Reconstruction, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, 47(9): 2651-2663, 2017. [Project Page]